The Grierson Trust has launched a training scheme to help 18-25 year olds break into factual programme making.
The Trust is looking for creative young people with a passion for television and documentaries to join its DocLab and Mentoring Scheme for 2018. The prestigious scheme gives participants the chance to take their first step towards a successful career in factual programme making.
The charity, which promotes documentary filmmaking, wants individuals who are bubbling with ideas and can offer a fresh perspective on the industry. The scheme includes a residential training programme, access to award winning industry professionals, structured mentoring support, the chance to attend Sheffield Doc Fest and a paid placement with a production company.
Training will include:
- An introduction to the genre covering different types of documentaries and styles of shooting.
- Learning how to research ideas, develop and pitch them.
- Script development focusing on structure and story.
- Exploring production roles and a practical exercise to experience the different positions.
- Information, advice and careers guidance.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 3 April at 5pm. For more information or to apply for this year’s scheme click here.