As part of the Why We Love … series of discussions which celebrate our most loved TV genres, the RTS will be turning its attention to ever popular property formats.
Property is a very British obsession and there have been a multitude of hugely successful TV formats. From selling houses, buying houses, building houses, moving to the country, moving to the sea, downsizing, upsizing … the list goes on and our appetite does not seem to wane. So why do we love property shows? How have they changed as society (and the housing market) have changed, what are the key ingredients to a successful property show and where will the format go from here?
Why We Love … Property Shows brings together a fantastic panel of experts, presenters, producers and commissioners to discuss the genre’s enduring success.
- Kirstie Allsopp, TV presenter and property expert whose property show credits include Location, Locoation, Location and Love it Or List It
- Damion Burrows, Architect, Director of dmba architects and presenter, whose property show credits include Grand Designs: House of the Year and Your Home Made Perfect. Damion is also co-chair of Lambeth Design Review Panel
- Nick Knowles, TV presenter, producer and writer whose show credits include DIY SOS, Wild About Your Garden and Home is where the Art Is
- Sarah Lazenby, Head of Features and Formats, Channel 4
- Kitty Walshe, Co MD of Remarkable, the production company responsible for Your Home Made Perfect, The House that £100k Built and Restoration Home
- Chair: Boyd Hilton - Entertainment Director heat magazine, Deputy Editor @PilotTVmag, TV & films reviewer and critic