Now that the starting gun has been fired for getting back in to production safely with the publication of the back-to-work blueprint for the television industry, this RTS lunchtime session will hear from those who are back on set / in the studio putting the theory into practice.
The guidelines provide practical suggestions for assessing and managing the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) whilst in production, but in practical terms what are the biggest challenges? How are different departments having to innovate? What is the impact on the finished product? What at the biggest challenges? How are we balancing physical and mental well-being of cast and crew? And what learnings can be shared between productions and between countries?
The session aims to provide first hand insights and practical take outs on how we unlock the TV production sector to serve audiences and safely sustain the livelihoods of those across the industry.
- Susan King, Head of Production, Remarkable
- John McVay OBE, Chief Executive, Pact
- Clare Pizey, Executive Producer of Top Gear
- John Whiston, Managing Director of Continuing Drama, ITV
- Chaired by Alex Farber, Deputy Editor, Broadcast