Watch the full sessions from the RTS Cambridge Convention 2019.
The RTS Cambridge Convention saw key figures debate the challenges facing the TV industry to an audience of television professionals.
Panels discussed diversity, the rise of SVODs and the future of advertising, with many asking who to trust in this new age world. The future of the television industry was a focal topic, from the ever-evolving streaming giants to the new generation of content creators.
Netflix CEO Reed Hastings delivered his first Cambridge International Keynote and Sharon White spoke at her final Cambridge as CEO at Ofcom. Other speakers included ITV's Carolyn McCall, Discovery's David Zaslav, BBC's Tony Hall, Karen Blackett OBE, Channel 4's Alex Mahon, Sky's Jeremy Darroch and The Rt Hon Nicky Morgan MP.
Watch the full sessions from the conference below.
Watch the sessions in full
- Session One: Content, Consumers and Everything In Between
- Session Two: A Far Off Place, Of Which We Know Nothing – Exploring Gen Z
- Session Three: Running On Empty
- Session Four: In Conversation – Sharon White with Julie Etchingham
- Session Five: Secretary of State Keynote
- Session Six: International Keynote – David Zaslav
- Session Seven: The Rights Stuff
- Session Eight: Keynote – Jeremy Darroch
- Session Nine: Who You Gonna Trust?
- Session Ten: Piers Morgan Q&A: The World’s Gone Nuts!
- Session Eleven: Keynote – Alex Mahon
- Session Twelve: Mad Men v Math Men – Will Data Kill Advertising?
- Session Thirteen: Keynote – Tony Hall
- Session Fourteen: International Keynote – Reed Hastings
- Session Fifteen: You Gotta Have A Stream
- Session Sixteen: Blow the Bloody Doors Off
- Session Seventeen: Better Television or Better Diversity?
All photography by Richard Kendal