Join us to find out why TV channel Dave is so excited about its new scripted comedy, Sliced (co-written by Phil Bowker and Samson Kayo), and why working with new talent is top of its agenda.
You’ll also get to see the first episode and ask the team behind the show your questions.
- David Mumeni: Founder of Open Door, an organisation that helps young actors secure places at leading drama schools in the UK - plays Mario in Sliced
- Weruche Opia: Actress and entrepreneur, plays Naomi in Sliced
- Phil Bowker: Producer and writer, known for PhoneShop, The Javone Prince Show and Pulling, co-writer of Sliced
- Sally Broome: Casting director - offered Wesley Bozonga his first ever TV role as the angry teenage in Sliced
- Richard Watsham: Director of commissioning, UKTV
About the show
Sliced is a crisp, urban comedy for Dave set amongst the hustle & bustle of a low rent, back street South London pizza parlour. It follows delivery riders Joshua (Samson Kayo) & Ricky (Theo Barklem-Biggs) through their shifts, so viewers get to see their world, first hand - a world where counterfeit money, vindictive call centre staff, hopeless security guards, hedonistic pensioners, & aggressive teens reign supreme. Fast food delivery has never been so much fun.
Sliced is written by Samson Kayo and Phil Bowker. It’s a little slice of life. Only much weirder. And with extra cheese.
Date: Wednesday 8th May
Venue: London Transport Museum
Time: 6.45pm for a 7pm start
Tickets are £10.00.
All tickets are non-refundable.
Tickets for full members of the Royal Television Society are complimentary but MUST be booked in advance – please provide your membership number when booking