The talent, skills, and creativity of television industry professionals and student filmmakers in Wales were tonight (February 27) celebrated at the RTS Cymru Awards 2020.
The awards, held in partnership with Whisper Cymru, were hosted by popular television presenters Sean Fletcher and Ruth Wignall.
Guests at a packed auditorium at Cineworld in Cardiff saw the winners of the five industry categories and the four student categories come to the stage to receive the prestigious RTS trophy for their entries.
Judith Winnan, Chair of RTS Cymru Wales, said:
"It's been a real privilege to celebrate the incredible talent here in Wales with these new industry awards and I want to thank all the sponsors, RTS Cymru Wales committee members and of course all the entrants who supported tonight's ceremony and made it possible.
The standard of what we've seen tonight from students and the industry is just thrilling, and I very much hope we can grow these awards further with other industry categories to recognise more of the exciting work coming out of Wales."
In addition to the long-standing students’ honours, the annual RTS Cymru awards were this year extended to allow broadcasters and independent producers to submit entries in the new Industry categories.
The shortlists were chosen by expert juries made up of experienced industry and educational professionals for each of the categories.
- In My Skin (Expectation Entertainment for BBC Cymru Wales)
- Code Blue (MultiStory Cymru/ITV Wales for ITV)
- Going for Gold (Yeti Television for CBBC)
News & Current Affairs:
- Y Byd Ar Bedwar [Caldey Island Report] (ITV Cymru Wales for S4C)
- Toby Cameron
- D.O.A.L [Department of Affordable Living] (University of South Wales)
- Rutted Fields (Aberystwyth University)
- Stranded (University of South Wales)
- Searching for Happiness (Bangor University)
STUDENT CRAFT WINNERS
- Elis Derby: Fi ac OCD (Bangor University)
- The Midnight Court and Other Aislings (University of South Wales)
- Ewan Allman (Cardiff Metropolitan University)
- Host or Hostile? (Cardiff University)