Piers Morgan is set to speak at the prestigious biennial RTS Cambridge Convention 2023, alongside executives from Warner Bros. Discovery, Snap, Roku and more.
Taking place on Wednesday 20th and Thursday 21st September at King’s College, Cambridge, the impressive array of new speakers include:
- Dawn Airey, Chair, FA Women's Super League & Women's Championship Football at The Football Association
- Grace Boswood, Technology Director, Channel 4
- Charlie Collier, President, Roku Media
- Verica Djurdjevic, Chief Revenue Officer, Channel 4
- Priya Dogra, President & MD EMEA, Warner Bros. Discovery
- Claire Enders, CEO, Enders Analysis
- Angelos Frangopoulos, CEO, GB News
- The Rt Hon Lucy Frazer KC MP, Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport
- Andrew Georgiou, President & MD, Warner Bros. Discovery Sports Europe
- Krishnan Guru-Murthy, Main London Presenter, Channel 4 News
- Ronan Harris, President EMEA, Snap
- Piers Morgan, Broadcaster, Journalist, and Presenter, Talk TV
- Rajiv Nathwani, Senior Director, Marketing, Netflix UK/IE/IL
- Chris Packham, Naturalist, Broadcaster, and Environmental Campaigner
- Simon Pitts, CEO, STV Group
The agenda-setting programme, titled Too Much to Watch, will bring together influential thought leaders and prominent executives to debate the opportunities and impact of changing consumption habits reshaping global television. Channel 4 is the Principal Sponsor for the RTS Cambridge Convention 2023, with Alex Mahon, CEO, Channel 4, serving as the Chair of the event.
Mahon said: “Success is now dependent on so much more than just great content. We’re therefore delighted to announce the latest cohort of pioneers and provocateurs speaking at this year’s convention; from the UK’s toughest broadcast journalists to the incredible minds behind some of the world’s most influential organisations. With such an inspiring roster of speakers, our audience is guaranteed to come away with the truths and insights necessary to negotiate the changing dynamics of today’s media landscape.”
Previously announced speakers include:
- Ajaz Ahmed, CEO, AKQA
- Tim Davie, Director-General, BBC
- Mike Fries, CEO and Vice Chairman, Liberty Global
- Maria Kyriacou, President, Broadcast & Studios, International Markets, Paramount Global
- Bryan Lourd, Co-Chairman, Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- Carolyn McCall, CEO, ITV
- Jordan Schwarzenberger, Co-Founder, Arcade Media, The Sidemen
- Shay Segev, CEO, DAZN
- Evan Shapiro, Media Cartographer
- Dana Strong, Group CEO, Sky
- Stephen Van Rooyen, CEO, Sky UK & Ireland and Chief Commercial Officer, Sky Group
Theresa Wise, CEO of the Royal Television Society, said: “The advisory board, Channel 4 and RTS team are working hard over the summer to deliver an insightful programme for September and we are delighted to be welcoming additional speakers to this roster. As leaders in their fields, we are sure the new speakers are going to provide compelling contributions on the state of the television industry and what the future might hold over coming years.”
Other confirmed convention sponsors include Accenture, All3Media, Everyone TV, Pinewood Studios, Roku and Virgin Media O2.
Tickets for the RTS Cambridge Convention 2023 are £2,000 plus VAT.
Find out more about how to book your place here.