RTS Scotland Student Television Awards 2024 | Entry Now Open!
How To Enter
The awards offer a marvellous opportunity for students to put their creative talents before the critical eye of professionals, win recognition for their skills, and even “audition” for a first job in the television, media and film industries.
Sinead Rocks, Channel 4 Managing Director and the Nations & Regions Chair of the RTS Student Television Awards, says: “The RTS Student Television Awards have a proven track record in discovering and nurturing the next generation of world class talent in video production, film making and television journalism. They provide a fantastic opportunity to have your ambition and creativity recognised and celebrated by top media professionals and crucially, for you to sell your skills to people at the very top of the broadcasting industry.
“Put simply, winning an RTS Student TV Award is a real badge of honour on any CV and one that is taken incredibly seriously by professionals.”
- Entries will be accepted from any students enrolled with higher education colleges, universities and institutions in the UK and Ireland only.
- Each submission must be accompanied by an entry fee: this is £25 + £5 VAT. Total £30 per entry per category. A VAT receipt will be issued on receipt of payment.
- The RTS pays due recognition across all its awards to the need for diversity. It is important that these awards should reflect diversity within the student community and within wider society.
- The judges will look for strong story-telling, creativity, innovation, outstanding visual and aural creativity, high quality craft skills, all with a strong emphasis on originality.
Criteria changes for 2024
- Factual has been split into two separate categories: Factual – Short Form and Factual – Long Form. These two categories have been redefined in the category section.
- Sustainability has been renamed to Saving the Planet and redefined so that it explores issues including global warming, the environment, wildlife, climate change and sustainability.
Judging of these entries will be in two parts.
Undergraduate entries are judged first by industry professionals in the region of your educational institution (in this instance, Scotland). A short list in relation to each category is made from entires received and is announced at an Awards Ceremony in March 2023.
All regional winners then go through to National Judging, which will take place in April 2024. Postgraduate entries are judged at National level D, (which qualify automatically for UK national assessment and are not judged at RTS centre level), to decide on the national nominations for presentation at the RTS Student Television Awards Ceremony 2024 in June 2024.
At both a regional and national level, industry practitioners will view and judge all entries and the nominated films will be invited to the relevant Awards Ceremony, where they will get the opportunity to network with the judges and other professionals, as well as the chance of winning a RTS Award.
Production Date & Entry Deadline
Entries must have been made between 1 November 2022 and 31 October 2023.
The closing date for submission is Monday 6 November 2023.
In the event of any queries, please contact the RTS Events Department: email@example.com
If you have any queries specific to RTS Scotland please email RTSScotland@rts.org.uk